last up dated : June 23, 2002
Here is a contract to printout or fill out and return to us if you are interested in adopting a dog.
page 3 is an application
Page 4 -12 are dogs that need homes and info about us.
WESTERN MAINE SIBERIAN HUSKY
RESCUE / Contract
DOGS Name: Sex: Age:
Coat Color and Markings:
I/we, the undersigned adopting party, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions of this contract
1. To return the dog to the Rescue Program if unable to keep the dog. To never abandon the dog
or surrender, sell, or give the dog to a shelter, pet dealer, or a laboratory.
2. To notify the Rescue Program if the dog is lost or stolen and to make all reasonable efforts to locate the dog.
3. To never allow this dog to be trained for or used for protection or as an attack dog.
4. To treat this dog as a family pet with affection and kindness, never subjecting this dog to abuse
5. To provide regular veterinary care, including annual shots, heart worm preventative, and parasite checks.
6. To always keep this dog within a fenced yard on a leash, or safely within the home.
8. To regularly check the tightness of any collar. To affix any licenses and tags to the collar and to never leave a choke chain on
the dog when not attended.
9. To notify the Rescue Program of the dog's annual progress.
10. To allow the Rescue Program to periodically check on this dog.
11. To contact the Rescue Program, a veterinarian, or an obedience trainer when problems arise
so that the problem may be eliminated or alleviated.
I/we further understand and agree that:
1. Non-compliance with any of the above terms and conditions may result in the immediate
forfeiture of the dog and that the Rescue Program may reclaim this dog without payment of
compensation to me/us. Initials:__________
2. The Rescue Program has explained the typical characteristics and temperament of the Siberian Husky. Initials:__________
3. The Rescue Program has advised me/us that the dog can sometimes dig, chew, soil, and exhibit other undesirable traits unless
properly supervised, confined, and trained. Initials:__________
4. The Rescue Program has given me the attached information sheet on this dog. Initials:__________
5. The Rescue Program has advised me that this dog may have been neglected, mistreated, or abused and that special care or
precautions may be required. Initials:__________
6. Any notices required to the Rescue Program required by this contract will be sent first class mail to : Kim Baker1359 Bear
River rd , Newry Maine 04261(rescue address) Initials:__________
7. The Rescue Program has provided me/us with the above mentioned dog. Initials:__________
In consideration of the adoption of this dog, I/we agree to assume full responsibility for care,
health and conduct of this dog upon the date of this contract. I/we further agree to hold
harmless the Rescue Program, its board of directors, its officers, its volunteers, and any
individuals associated with the Rescue Program and to indemnify such organizations or
individuals for any damages or costs resulting from liability, known or unknown, anticipated or
unanticipated, as a result of the dog's conduct after the date of this adoption contract.
Signed this ________________ day of _______________, 200_
___________________________________________ Address__________________________________________ Home Phone
Rescue sign:___________________________________ Adoption Donation $ paid:__________
In consideration that this rescue program is funded by donations , if at any time you return this said dog, Western Maine
Siberian Husky rescue is not expected to refund the donation.
Comments and questions on the above material should be directed to:
Kim Baker/1359 Bear River rd,Newry Maine 04261
(207)824-2679 * firstname.lastname@example.org